DATE: February 10, 2017
JOB TITLE: Chorus Director
REPORTS TO: Music Director
APPLICATIONS DUE: March 31, 2017
JOB TO BEGIN: July 1, 2017
JOB SUMMARY: To prepare the Chorus for all concerts and to conduct the Chorus as requested by the Music Director.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To work with Music Director, Executive Director, Chair, and Board of the Chorus to maintain a quality and excellence befitting a group of singers with the following responsibilities.
· To prepare the Chorus for concerts scheduled with the Erie Philharmonic. Preparation will include background and understanding of the music at weekly rehearsals.
· To attend dress rehearsals with the orchestra in order to critique the Chorus’ performance and the follow up with any additional rehearsal needed. The director should also take charge of warm-ups before dress rehearsals and performances.
· To prepare and conduct the Chorus for any additional choral opportunities that are approved after consultation with the Music Director and the Executive Board of the Chorus such as special chorus concerts separate from Philharmonic concerts.
· To plan and hold auditions for new Chorus members as needed.
· To keep the morale high by doing such things as attending their social functions, maintaining regular communications, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email (PDF or Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017. Phone calls and physical mail submissions will not be considered. Please submit any queries by email to email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin March 1, 2017. The Erie Philharmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.