History

20180720084452021_0001.jpg

The Erie Philharmonic Chorus began its great tradition in April 1953, singing “La Traviata” under the baton of conductor Fritz Mahler, cousin to the great composer and conductor Gustav Mahler.

In 1955, the chorus and orchestra came together for the first time to present their annual Christmas pops concert.  This tradition has continued to this day and consistently draws a sell-out crowd each year.