Help us compose the future
You step into the historic Warner Theatre. You see the array of plush orange seats, the golden glow from the chandeliers, the musicians of the Philharmonic taking the stage in concert black, testing their instruments and warming up. The lights dim, the crowd comes to a hush, and you hear the musicians of the Philharmonic tune to a unison ‘A’, and the house lights fall dim.
Thank you for being such an important part of this magical experience. Please consider making the Philharmonic part of your legacy giving during our Endowment 2020 Campaign to insure that generations of Erie families will continue to enjoy the great musicians and great music-making for generations to come. Those amazing Saturday nights at the Warner Theatre will continue to inspire audiences and enrich people’s lives in ways yet to be told - your gift helps us compose the future.
In honor of Beethoven’s 250th Birthday in 2020, the Philharmonic launched a four-year festival in 2016 with the idea that everyone in Erie should have the opportunity to hear the works of Beethoven live at least once in their lifetimes. To celebrate this 250th birthday, we are looking for 250 new estate pledges by the end of our festival in June 2020.
Our goals, by the end of our 2019-2020 Season:
- An endowment of at least $10 million (current $5.8 million)
- At least 250 new estate pledges, in honor of the conclusion of our Beethoven 4/4 Festival
Endow your annual gift
Make a plan so that the programs and goals most important to you continue thriving after your lifetime. Your current Annual Fund gift serves as our lifeblood each season, ensuring that we can continue all of our various activities from sold-out concerts to piano donations, and everything in between.
The first number represents your potential current Annual Fund gift - the second number is the amount needed to endow your gift forever.*
$250 : $6,250
$500 : $12,500
$1,500 : $37,500
$2,500 : $62,500
$5,000 : $125,000
Imagine that. Your estate pledge of $37,500 towards our Endowment 2020 Campaign ensures that the orchestra would receive your gift of $1,500 a year in perpuitity. That's composing the future.
* At a 4 percent endowment spending level, 25 times an annual gift amount equals a perpetual gift
Your gift may entitle you to the following tax benefits:*
- Federal estate tax exemption
- Immediate income tax deduction
- Elimination of capital gains taxes
- Variable income for life
Additionally, those who include the Philharmonic in their estate plans (minimum gift $10,000) will become members of the Crescendo Society and will receive the following benefits:
- Invitation to annual thank you dinner with Maestro Daniel Meyer and fellow Crescendo Society members
- Usage of Encore Parking Lot and Encore Lounge for all concerts at the Warner Theatre
- Name listed as member of Crescendo Society on website and in program book
* For legal or tax advice, please consult an attorney and/or CPA